Abia State Governor, Alex Otti on Friday inaugurated 16 commissioners into his cabinet to steer up Governance in the state.
The Commissioners and their portfolios are as follows;
- Barr. Ikechukwu Uwanna: Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
- Prof Monica Ironkwe: Agriculture.
- Kingsley Anosike: Budget and Planning.
- Prof Uche Eme Uche: Education.
- Philemon Asonye Ogbonna: Environment and Urban Renewal.
- Mike Akpara: Finance. (Yet to be screened by the House of Assembly)
- Dr. Ngozi Okoronkwo: Health.
- Prince Okey Kanu. -Information and Culture.
- Chaka Chukwumerije: Lands and Housing.
- Prince Uzor Nwachukwu: Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Prof Joel Friday Ogbonna: Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
- Chima Emmanuel Oriaku: Science and Technology.
- Nwaobilor Ananaba: Sports and Youth Development.
- Dr Chimezie Isaac Ukaegbu: Trade, Commerce & Industry.
- Ngozi Blessing Felix: Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation. (Yet to be screened by the House of Assembly)
- Engr Don Otumchere Oti: Works.
- Comrade Sunny Onwuma: Transport.
- Engr Ikechukwu Monday: Power and Public Utilities.(Yet to be screened the House of Assembly)
- Dr. Mathew Ekwuribe: Digital Economy/ SME.
Candidreporters.com gathered that while 16 who had been cleared by the State House of Assembly were sworn in Friday at the Banquet Hall of the Government House Umuahia, three who are yet to be cleared will be sworn in next week, according to the Governor.