The embattled gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Ikechi Emenike on Sunday emphasized the need to rescue and develop Abia state through a “23 key deliverable” plan to govern the state.
Chief Emenike unveiled the “Rescue and Develop” Abia manifesto in his hometown at Umukabia, Ohuhu, Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia state.
See full manifesto below 👇
READY TO RESCUE AND DEVELOP ABIA 23 KEY DELIVERABLES FOR 2023.
- To lead by example, demonstrating discipline, hard work, integrity, and unwavering commitment to the new Abia State; and ensure that all Abia citizens follow the same path. We shall restore high moral, ethical, competent and godly standards to governance.
- Abians will be the means (agents) and end (beneficiaries) of our economic development efforts or projects. Thus, we shall aggressively pursue the value reorientation of the people as the bedrock of the new Abia.
3.The ABIA DREAM: This dream has two components: (a) We will strive to enable every citizen of Abia State to live a flourishing life (b) The government and the citizens will work together to ensure every generation in the State enjoys a better (higher) standard of living than the ones before it. We shall assiduously work together to ensure our children and grandchildren live better than us. In pursuit of this dream, we shall institutionalise competent, compassionate, and professional governance. Our government will love, cherish, and deeply respect all Abia citizens.
- Prompt and institutionalised payment of salaries and pensions.
- Provide social welfare services and monthly stipends for the vulnerable members of our society.
- We shall not shy away from taking tough decisions. We shall firmly demonstrate zero tolerance for corruption, criminals, and criminality, without dehumanizing any Abian.
7.We shall enhance the quality and size of the Abia budget. The current State budget of under-N200 billion will not make the necessary difference in the development of the State.
8.Inclusivity:No-community-left-behind Budget. Every annual budget of our administration will be crafted and carefully executed to ensure every community in Abia sees her interest being represented in it. Fairness, equity, and inclusivity in diversity will be pursued.
- Prioritise youth: employment, empowerment, economic advancement, and entrepreneurism. Provide them with first-class education, endow them with 21st century skill sets, empower them with resources for entrepreneurial success, and create opportunities for Abia youths locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Total overhaul and enhancement of primary and secondary education in Abia State such that every Headmaster or Principal of a school and their key staff will live within the premises of their respective institutions. Put in place a functional and effective free education up to JSS3.
- Make Abia the quality education belt of Nigeria by directly setting up, and in some other cases, inspiring the establishment of more tertiary educational institutions in the State.
- I am determined to be the chief marketing officer of made-in-Abia products/services
- Develop Home-grown billionaires. We shall deliberately create 12 Abia-based billionaires within the first three years of the new administration. Big institutions are not created out of thin air, they are built by endowed, encouraged and determined human beings.
- Modernise and intensify value-added agricultural practices within the State. The new government will directly stimulate the planting and processing of ginger, bitter cola, cashew and palm trees, etc.
- Create building blocks for development such as agricultural, financial, industrial, technological, and infrastructural base for sustainable development in Abia A full-fledged commercial bank with headquarters in Umuahia and branches in each of 17 LGAS. Ditto Insurance, Merchant and mortgage institutions. There would also be an industrial zone in each LGA in the State, and an industrial cluster in each senatorial zone for small- scale industries and artisans.
- Shall commence the enhancement of Umuahia, Aba and Ohafia as modern cities. We shall also take the very first steps in the development of all LGA headquarters into modem towns, We shall establish Leisure/Recreation centres in each of the 17 LGAs in Abia State. There shall be one benefiting General Hospital in each LGA.
- We shall duly respect and strengthen our traditional institutions.
- We shall prioritise the building of roads and water infrastructure. Moreso, Abia will have a befitting international airport. It is long overdue.
- Using our national and international networks, we will effectively address soil erosion and other environmental disasters in the State. We shall plant at least three million trees annually.
- We will create a full-fledged Ministry of Diaspora Affairs to give a sense of inclusion to foreign-based Abians. It will also tap into the expertise, exposure, resources, and experience of these patriots.
- Transform Abia State into the diplomatic capital of the Southeast by working assiduously to attract the siting of major consulates in the State.
- Enhance the Gross Domestic Product as well as the Gross Domestic Happiness of the people of the State.
- At the end of our four years in office, Abia would be spiritually, physically, economically and socially better than it has been.
Candidreporters.com recalls that the court of appeal sitting in Abuja affirmed Ikechi Emenike as the Abia governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2023 election.
Delivering judgment on three appeals filed before the court, a three-member panel of the appellate court led by Olabisi Ige validated the primary held on May 26 which produced Emenike.
The Abia APC had held parallel governorship primaries in the state that produced Uche Ogah and Emenike as candidates of the party.
However, uche Ogah had gone ahead to challenged the appeal court’s judgement at the supreme court which awaits final verdict.