Governor Bello Matawalle, of Zamfara State on Tuesday insisted that he would reveal the identities of people behind the abduction of over 300 students of Government Girls’ Secondary School, Jangebe in the Talata Mafara Local Government Area of the state.
Governor Bello stated this in an interview with one of our correspondents in Gusau, the state capital.
He however said he would make the revelation after the abducted schoolgirls, who were released earlier on Tuesday, might have been reunited with their families.
But the pan-northern socio-political organisation, the Arewa Consultative Forum, berated the governor, saying he should stop embarrassing the north.
Candidreporters.com earlier reported that gunmen attacked the GGSS Jangebe on Friday and abducted over 300 students.
The governor, while receiving 17 Emirs in the state at the Government House, Gusau on Sunday, had said he had many revelations to make on the schoolgirls’ abduction.
He told the emirs, who paid him a sympathy visit over the girls’ abduction, that Nigerians would be shocked to know people behind the abduction of the students.
Matawalle had stated, “I want to inform you that there are many revelations in relation to the abduction of these students. Many people will be surprised to hear those people behind the abduction of these innocent children.”