The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its nationwide protest over petrol subsidy removal.

The protests had been scheduled to hold on January 27 and February 2.

Ayuba Wabba, NLC president, announced this to journalists on Tuesday in Abuja.

He said the union made the decision at its national executive council meeting on Tuesday morning.

The NLC president said the decision to suspend the protest was based on suspension of the proposal to stop subsidy on petrol by the federal government.

READ ALSO:  EndSARS: UK Parliament Don't Speak For It's Government- Says FG

Wabba said members of the NLC who had been mobilised would be demobilised following the decision to suspend the protest.

“Following the reversal and reproach by government, the National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress met this morning (Tuesday) virtually to consider the new position of the government,” he said.

READ ALSO:  Wike Reveals "Those Leading Abuja Plot Against Him"

“The NEC after vigorous debates took a decision to suspend the planned nationwide protest scheduled for 27th January, 2022 and the national protest scheduled for 2nd February, 2022.”

Do you have any information or event for candid reporters to publish or cover? Kindly Call us on 09019260726 or send us message on Whatsapp number 07034623382 or send us an email contact@candidreporters.com

Disclaimer: Candid Reporters publishes news, information, sports, opinions, and Interviews. The site includes both reported and edited content. Unmoderated posts and Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Candid Reporters or any employee thereof..

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here